I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. Hopefully these next few weeks will fly by as quickly and before you know it, I'll have a referral!
So here's the latest update. Since I am officially in the "waiting" mode, there really isn't much to update sometimes... so just nudge me if you think I am getting too lax in my reporting. Last Friday I was reading another Lighthouse families blog (Hi Angie!!!) and got wind that our agency contact in Vladivostok had visited the MOE (Minister of Education - the big office of all things adoption in Russia) and the MOE had requested some of her documents get re-done. But I hadn't gotten that call.
Well you can probably guess the next part. I spent most of Friday night and Saturday digesting this (read stressing over this). Why the re-do? Why didn't I get the call? I made Rhonda (she's almost famous here at this point) go to a Mom 2 Mom sale with me out in Ypsilanti to get out of the house... just to get my mind on other things! Then Saturday night, just as I am about to go to bed, I read the blog of the other family that is potentially headed to Vladivostok (shout out to Chandra lol) and read that they do had gotten the information on Friday about redoing documents. So I stressed a little more that night.
Then for some reason, I settled down. Might have something to do with Tamara, who has been through all this twice now and is my new voice of reason, talking me through everything. I also thought back to Jessie, who I talk to occasionally on the adoption.com forums. She's about to go pick up her two kidlets in Russia within the next week - but I remembered her signature/timeline stamp on her posts. She had to redo her dossier documents FIVE times before finally getting registered (see Rhonda, there is some good in those timelines!!). This stuff does happen! So I am hoping certainly to NOT have to repeat this again... but in the scheme of things, this too shall pass! So while I am annoyed that I had to find out about this mess through other families blogs, it's really not that big of a deal.
So cross your fingers for me, say a prayer, light a candle - whatever you believe!! Our latest round of paperwork should make it to Vladivostok late next week... I am not holding my breath, but I'd love to be able to report around 8/15 that this 3rd time was the charm !!
Road to Las Vegas
2 days ago