Sunday, December 14, 2008

You're Too Much Kar!!

What a wonderful weekend! I have a wonderful group of friends from HIGH SCHOOL that still keeps in touch. Yes! I am that young! Hahahaha - actually we had our 20 Year Class Reunion this past summer, but it's that great of a group. Each year we typically try to get together twice, sometimes we only make it together once, but usually one of those gatherings involves the holidays and a shopping trip. This year's gathering was a shower for Little T and then an afternoon of shopping at a great mall. Pictures to follow when I get a chance to hit up my wonderful (SCARY!!) friend Suzy or Jenny to send me some pictures, because like the brainiac I am, I left my house without a camera. (Quick explanation: Suzy is the LEAST scariest person I know, but one of our good friends, Krista, couldn't make it this weekend as she's been really sick and called me to tell me she couldn't make it because I was "less scary than Suzy" - which I said was the funniest thing I had EVER heard!)

So I returned to a full in box and and handful of blog posts to read. I was excited to see that Ilya's mommy, Kar (http://tiger-kar.blogspot.com/) had an update, as he's such a cutie, I love hearing what he's up to. Imagine my surprise when I see she's passed along a Kreative Blogger Award to me!! Thanks Kar! That's a compliment coming from you!! :) So here's the rules...

List six things that make you happy. Pass the award along to six more bloggers. Do not give the typical answers and go for the less obvious, as you all know that family, friends, God, etc would be on the list.

1) A fuzzy nose and a furry face. I think a love of pets is genetic in my family. My Gramma Repp started it, she was always trying to feed a stray and find it a home. She's STILL doing it today! On my dad's side, I think almost every one of his siblings (7 kids total!) have pets. One Aunt fosters kitties (thankfully she does this in California, or I'd end up adopting them all!) and a cousin is a VET! At the end of the day, there is nothing better than a kitty cuddled up on my lap while I catch up with a TV show, etc. They always make me smile.

2) The "Big 3 C's" of sweets: My weakness? Candy, Cakes, Cookies. UGH. Is there anything better in the sweet department? Sugar cookies with thick frosting could make me weak in the knees.

3) Hockey Games: I sit here in my "Red Wings" office. The walls are red, Red Wings materials hang on the walls, and player bobble heads are on the top shelf of my desk. Hard to top a good hockey game! The excitement, the cool air and... yes, the fights! I live close to Canada -- you have to let me have this one.

4) Christmas: I know this is typical this time of year... but I truly LOVE this season. It's not the commercial part, or the presents really (although I LOVE the challenge of finding the perfect present for someone I care about), but it's more the FEELING in the air. That neighborly spirit when people are just different, happy. The attitude that listening to music gives you. The smile just creeps on my face and I don't even know it.

5) Traditions. I have mentioned before that I am a creature of habit. I LOVE my traditions. And I've been known to pout when I can't fulfill them! Change can be fun and exciting sometimes, but I love traditions.

And finally...6) Cheese fondue. Yummmmm - such a wonderful 70's food. Melty cheese, how can you go wrong?

Now it's my turn to nominate some award winners...

1) Charlotte & Sue: http://sueandcharlotte.blogspot.com/ Their blog is on private for a little bit during a job search... so you'll just have to trust me, they are HYSTERICAL.

2) Angie: http://tofindadaughter.blogspot.com/

3) Stephen & Sara: http://theroadtomax.blogspot.com/

4) Rick & Julie: http://mcguirkfamily.blogspot.com/

5) Sarah: http://ourrussianchildren.blogspot.com/

6) And last but not least Barb: http://holmsweethomeblog.blogspot.com/


No comments: