Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Cabbage House

I am taking a small break while watching the "magic map" of who will be our next President. May the best candidate win. Seriously, I hope that is the result. Whoever is the choice, I hope that the next 4 years in the United States are glorious ones! After all, I'll have a daughter to share them with!

So I have decided to continue to share bits and pieces of my Vladivostok trip over the next couple weeks. Just little bits here and there. I know that I personally love seeing the sights of other people's trip, but all at once and my little pea-brain starts to tune out....

Here's another gem from the trip. Rhonda and I started calling it "The Cabbage House". Honestly, there were more than 1 of these cabbage houses. Once you get "out of the city" you see these cottages that are painted the most wonderfully fun colors. Sometimes the paint is fading, but that just adds to the character. Many of the houses had large gardens out back and they would sell the fruits (or veggies) of their labor on the road. Cabbage was VERY popular. Unfortunately, Rhonda did NOT get to sample the cabbage soup (shi) that she had her heart set on -- perhaps next trip!!

2 comments:

findingourdaughter said...

I love cabbage!! The cabbage soup sounds yummy!! Can't wait to have some!
Hugs!!!

Sarah said...

Amy!
Just catching up on your blog. May your court date come speedily! I know how hard it is to wait for the unknown.
Love,
Sarah