- "Don't make me go get Sean Astin. He'll kick your butt." (Amy to Rhonda, plane to LAX)
- "You are very lovely and beautiful". (Sergei, our driver to Rhonda)
- "And that's sugar...." (Mike Lee to Amy as she almost "sugared" her fries instead of salt)
- "Ummm I'm typing in Korean" (Rhonda in the Icheon International Airport)
- "What's my name?" (Rhonda post arrival)
- "I did that yesterday, whenever yesterday was..." (Rhonda, again)
And to quote my favorite tween time movie from oh so long ago... (Poltergeist) "They're HERE"!!!
We have arrived. After what seems like forever of planes (no trains) and a few automobiles, Rhonda and I have landed in Vladivostok. Everything everyone has told me (especially you Jesse and Jason!!) is right! The airport is small - and people were pushy, yet in some way I loved every minute of it. We hooked up with Sara and her husband in the Seoul airport (my blog stalker with the scary weird same dates!) and also met another great couple waiting for their #2 trip to bring home their new daughter. Sara and I kept up our magical timelines, but literally going through customs at the same time!!
Tomorrow we are off to the Department of Education and then to meet the little guy. I am nervous and excited and anxious - all in one. Sergei, my driver, and Kate the translator, had a couple comments today that made me VERY nervous... but no use dwelling on anything until we see for ourselves tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Have a great Monday all those of you on the other side of the pond. Thanks for the comments -- it's nice to have a touch of home so far away.
And finally, to explain the Sean Astin comment -- the semi famous actor was on our flight from DTW to LAX. I, in my star struck nature, noticed him quickly. I did some minor stalking and got a picture -- which I'll upload later!! Peace out.