Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy BooYou to Mama

Happy Birthday to me! 1 year ago today on my birthday I was super bummed that I didn't receive "the ultimate birthday present".... a referral! I remember getting a note from my Agency Director that said "just remember that next year on your birthday you'll be with your little one". It seemed soooo far away!

This morning I was woken up by a sweet little Russian voice on the baby monitor singing "Happy BooYou to You". Her own little version of the birthday song. We had been talking that today was mama's birthday - and being the little smarty that she is, she remembered first thing when she woke up today. What a great birthday present!!

Not only is today my 39th birthday, (yes, that's right -- it's REALLY the 39th birthday, next year is the big 4-0!) but today is our official 6 MONTHS HOME! I can't believe she's been home that long - and strangely at the same time, it feels like she's been here forever! What a difference a year... and 6 months makes!

20 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Amy! Love the picture!!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!!! What an awesome gift this year...being sung to first thing.

Whew ~ that was a fast 6 months. LOVE the picture of T with "baka"! :)

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Beautiful photo!!! You must have frames all over your house :)

Gloria said...

Happy Birthday! Love the picture! Congrats on 6 months home also!

The C. Crew said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I hope you had a wonderful 29th birthday for the 10th year. :)

I love all the pictures of Tati!

amy said...

Happy Birthday Amy! What a great day waking up to her singing! She looks like a little model - so darling :)

Clarese said...

How sweet. I'm sure that was the nicest birthday wake-up you've had!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday! (And yet another great picture of T!)

Ms. Elaine said...

been watching your blog for some time. just love the picture posted today....very cute and Happy Birthday by the way

Nichole said...

Happy birthday!! What a precious birthday present you have!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Happy Birthday!!!
That picture is so beautiful...what a wonderful birthday I am sure you had.

Sara Herrity said...

Hi Amy...I have never commented on your blog but I love that little T sang you Happy Birthday, that must have been the best present of all.

Sara Herrity said...

Also, the picture is amazing.

Heather said...

What a sweet gift T had for you! Her picture is just too cute!

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Kido. You will be young forever with Miss T around.
Joy

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy BooYou to you Amy!! What a sweet present you had this morning!

And I love the photos you had sone - I would have bought them all too!!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Happy Birthday Amy! The picture is precious. The fact that she remembered on her own is phenomenal (and also a very good sign for future thoughtfulness from your daughter... like you know, when she can actually buy her own gifts to you! :) What a great way to mark your first birthday together.

Laura and Paul Knight said...

Happy belated birthday! What a wonderful way to wake up on your birthday. Congrats on 6 months - what a great day for you both. Hope you had fun!

findingourdaughter said...

Awwwww, she is so sweet and cute and she LOVES her momma!!
Wish I could see you guys!!
Hugs!!