1) Double Murder: My tiny little town had a double murder a couple weeks ago. EAGADS! As you imagine our little town was quite a buzz by this. I would NEVER admit (sounds like a Not-Me-Monday post!!) to sneaking out to the area that this happened at and snapping some pictures of the crime scene action. Didn't do it. Not me. Must have been someone else. To ease your nerves a bit, unfortunately this was another kooky adult son attacks parents and aunt/uncle situation. Very sad, however.
2) World Series: In happier town happenings, the Cros-Lex Little League Girls team won the state title! During the aforementioned double murder, we happened to be hosting the state tournament, and the girls won on home turf. No funny business though, seriously -- as they went on to the Regional tournament in Missouri and WON THAT TOO! So this morning the girls left for Portland, OR for the WORLD SERIES! How cool is that? 3) Eye Doctor: T went to see the eye doctor -- who was probably one of the coolest doctors I have met! When she's tired you can pick up a slight lazy eye in her right eye. She got her eyes dilated for the check up and no there were major issues. The doc wants to check it again in 6 months to see if it self corrects. (I may need your patch advice, friends (Becky!!), if it doesn't!!)
4) Straws: My little smarty learned how to use a straw! Yea! I am envisioning the next Juicy Juice commercial here... I'll have to pass it on at work!
5) Mouse in the House: I returned home after the weekend excursion to my aunt's to discover a little mouse friend had been in my pantry. Wait. Don't I have 3 cats to take care of this for me? I caught what appeared to have been mama last Tuesday AM... and then my new best mouser, Casey (also know as Patient X for all her recent troubles!!) brought me 4 presents over the remainder of the week. And yes, sigh, one of those presents was IN BED. Thanks Casey!
6) Cousins, Cousins and more Cousins: This weekend was our big town festival (an even more cool celebration with some World Series bound girls!). T's cousin Mary came up for a visit and we went out to see MORE cousins - Emma, Katy and Zac. Zac was already zonked out -- so the girls had a pink party. And yes, the ONE picture of them all that's semi-decent... they're making faces!!