Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's A Small World...

During Tatiana's adoption I became horribly addicted to blogs.  They were my lifeline.  I read and scoured everyone I could get my hands on!  I lived vicariously through those who were traveling before me.  I was experiencing my own emotional roller coaster with lots of my new "friends".  

Over time Facebook moved into first place and blogging took a backseat.  Now many of my bloggy land friends are Facebook friends and I thoroughly enjoy keeping up with them on Facebook AND blogs.  The International Adoption community is a small one, and it never ceases to amaze me the new families that I "meet" through this crazy, wonderful network.  

Another one of my friends is stepping back into the IA pool.  Yvonne is one of the funniest, sweetest, most helpful friends I have ever met.  She and her son, Connor, welcomed sister Elina into their hearts and family a couple years ago.  Elina is from Bulgaria and has a dual leg limb difference.  I have LOVED watching Elina blossom and grow in her new family.  Yvonne is a FABULOUS mom and that should help the two boys she's hoping to bring home.  You can read all about Yvonne and her boys on Reese's Rainbow.  If you have the ability and feel compelled, please help her cause!  

Like the 147 million orphans in the world, Danny and Dante just want a loving home and a mom who loves them.   They'll hit the jackpot with Yvonne, Connor and Elina!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Amy,
I remember my family being nervous about me meeting blogger friends a lone. Now we will be vacationing together.
Joy

Yvonne said...

Joy that is funny since Amy and I are taking the kids on a cruise this spring! LOL. First time I met Amy she was leaving to go get Tatiana! I will never forget trying to find Amy by following Rhonda's description... I think she said... big poofy curly hair! Crack me up! I think I walked past Amy 3 times before I figured out who she was... I was looking for someone with 80's hair, their bangs a foot high and a;; ratted out on the sides... good thing I found her or I would have missed getting to know one of my very best friends ever! Thank you Amy for supporting me in my efforts to bring my boys home! Can't wait to see them play with your little guy!

Suzy & Bill said...

Speaking of this small world...my husband & I just returned from Russia with our daughter. She lived in baby home #6. During our second trip we were able to go in her group area. While in the office/playroom we noticed a card with several pictures of a beautuful boy hanging on the wall. I told my husband we read his blog, to which my husband replied, "That's baby soup!" It's so funny we read your blog long before we had our referral. Now I look back at your pictures and I recognize that couch in the tiny visiting room upstairs! When we spoke to the caregivers about writing a letter to our daughter, they said they also enjoy receiving letters from us and she showed us your card. I just thought you would like to know how much it meant to them and that they still have it. We took photos if you would like me to email them to you just let me know.