Saturday, March 13, 2010

Making Up For Lost Time

Another post?  Sheesh, what is this world coming to?  I must be making up for lost time! 

I have sent this email to some and also posted on facebook, but would love to share my Gotcha week project with my dear blogger friends.  Next Saturday will be Tatiana’s 1 year “Gotcha Day” anniversary.  I don’t love the term “Gotcha Day” for some reason – but it sums up the occasion nicely – so it will do for now. 

To celebrate we have a big day planned.  There is an Enchanted Princess Ball nearby that day, followed by naps (probably more for mama than T) and then dinner out with Gramma Darlin at Red Lobster.  (Sigh) Both Gramma and Tati LOVE fish, mama:  not so much.  And Red Lobster is the closest we’ve got near by to a seafood restaurant – so Red Lobster it is! 

Tatiana will be getting a couple small presents – 1 Russian themed (mama has yet to pick from the secret stash) and a Tag Jr. reading system (which I have to say I just took out of the box tonight, downloaded/set up everything and it’s VERY cool).  And lastly, I am making the final present… which is where YOU come in! 

My friend Charlotte made a video /slide show of pictures to celebrate a birthday – and it sparked an idea.  I thought it was a wonderfully personal way to say Happy Gotcha Day to T.  I am hoping you’ll join in our celebration, take a picture of you/your family/kids/pets/whateveryousodesireratedG and email it to me before 3/18.  I’ll compile them all and make her a special slideshow!  Here’s two examples from some fellow Vladivostok graduates!

DSCN0128 Repps

Thanks in advance – I can’t wait to see all the pictures!  Email address is danivann@aol.com

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Amy, my best friend is adopted (domestic) they always celebrated "Amy Day".... instead of gotcha day.... so you could rename it "Tatiana Day"!!

Love you guys!!

Yvonne

Heather said...

Can't wait to see the final product! This is a great gift to T!

Troy and Rachel said...

What a neat idea - I'll see if I can send you a photo shortly!! I'm not real fond of the "gotcha day" term either - or seafood - Troy and Daniel love it - I eat chicken!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You are so clever. Love the photo idea...so great.

Give little T a hug from our family!